The Animafest Zagreb - World Festival of Animated Film is now open for submissions in its 2020 edition and like every year invites all filmmakers from all around the world to partecipate.
This is the 30th edition of Animafest Zagreb - World Festival of Animated Film, the second oldest film festival in the world completely dedicated to animation, that every year invites submissions from all over the world.
Festival’s submissions are open to films applying all animation techniques, including combinations with live action and documentary. Films should be completed after 1 January 2019 and should have not been entered for previous editions of the Festival.
The 2019 competition includes the following six categories:
• Short Film Competition
• Student Film Competition — films produced at educational institution
• Films for Children Competition
• Croatian Film Competition — films whose majority producer is Croatian and/or films by Croatian directors
• Feature Films — minimum running time 40 minutes
• VR/360/Interactive Projects - VR Animation Competition open to immersive works (created for the Oculus Rift, HTC Vive or Samsung Gear VR) that include animation as the main component
• Filled-in entry form (one entry form required for each submitted film)
• Preview screener (Festival recommends using Vimeo as video sharing service)
• Additional materials:
- Director's photograph
- 3 film stills (300dpi)
- Dialogue list in English
The list of films selected for the competition and world panorama programs will be announced on the Festival’s official website not later than 1 April 2020. All applicants will be notified regarding the selection results.
Submission Deadlines for the short films in all categories is 1 February 2020 and for the feature films and VR projects is 15 March 2020.
The Animafest Zagreb - World Festival of Animated Film 2020 will taka a place 9 - 13 June 2020 in Zagreb, Croatia.
There is no entry fee to participate!
The Animafest Zagreb - World Festival of Animated Film 2020 is open to all filmmakers from all around the world.
Total prize fund amounts to 10,500 Euro of which 2,500 Euro are reserved for the Grand Prix award awarded to both short and feature films.