Chatbox

Các bạn vui lòng dùng từ ngữ lịch sự và có văn hóa,sử dụng Tiếng Việt có dấu chuẩn. Chúc các bạn vui vẻ!
29/05/2016 01:05 # 1
buribaby
Cấp độ: 7 - Kỹ năng: 3

Kinh nghiệm: 51/70 (73%)
Kĩ năng: 10/30 (33%)
Ngày gia nhập: 20/04/2016
Bài gởi: 261
Được cảm ơn: 40
Cách viết bài luận bằng Tiếng Anh

Writing Argument Essay

1. Structures

Structures

Introduction:

• Introducing the topic.
  • Giving background information and Narrowing the topic.
  • Giving your point of view and mentioning the main areas covered in the essay.

Body:

• Reason 1 (with 2 supporting ideas).
  • Reason 2 (with 2 supporting ideas).
  • Reason 3 (with 2 supporting ideas).

Conclusion:

• Restate your point of view.
  • Summary is required.

2. Useful expressions for giving your point of view

Những cụm từ gợi ý để khẳng định ý kiến bản thân ở vấn đề nêu ra ở đề bài. Những cụm từ này thường sẽ được sử dụng ở phần mở bài hoặc kết bài.

• In my opinion/ In my view/ From my point of view.
  • I (strongly) believe/think (that)
  • My opinion is…
  • To my mind,…
  • The way I see it,…
  • As far as I am concerned,…
  • It seems/appears to me that…
  • I (do not) agree with …
  • I strongly/absolutely/totally/certainly/partially | agree with/approve of/support/disagree with.
  • I am totally against…
  • It strikes me that…
  • I am (not) convinced that…
  • It is my firm belief that…

Task: Nowadays, computers are an important part of most people’s everyday lives. This change has improved the way people live.

To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Introduction:

Một mở bài hay cần nêu ra được chủ đề, giới hạn chủ đề vào vấn đề của đề bài và nêu ra ý kiến của cá nhân.

a. Introducing the topic

Đầu tiên, chúng ta cần xác định Chủ đề của đề bài là gì? Neu chủ đề xác định là “Computers” thì quá rộng, sẽ rất mất công để giới hạn chủ đề ở các câu sau, như vậy mở bài sẽ dài không cần thiết. Vậy chủ đề có thể là: “The changes computers have on our lives”. Như vậy, câu đầu tiên của mở bài bạn có thể viết:

The changes computers have on our lives has become a source of controversy over the years.

Without a doubt, computers have changed the way people live.

b. Giving background information and Narrowing the topic

Ở đây, giới hạn lại topic đã đưa ra (The changes computers have on our lives). Hướng giới hạn ở đây bạn dựa vào đề bài: This change has improved the way people live. Đó là sự đánh giá (tốt, xấu, tích cực, tiêu cực) về những thay đổi mà máy tính tạo nên cho đời sống con người. Như vậy, đề bài sẽ được giới hạn về vấn đề “Evaluating the quality of those changes”

Từ đó, câu văn tiếp theo có thể là:

Evaluating the quality of those changes is less clear and is subject to individual opinions and attitudes.

People have many different ways of evaluationg these changes.

c. Giving your point of view and mentioning the main areas covered in the essay

Ở đây, bạn trực tiếp đưa ra quan điểm của mình, tức là hoặc đồng ý, hoặc không đồng ý, hoặc chỉ một phần đồng ý. Ở đây có lẽ cách chọn khôn ngoan nhất là “partly agree/disagree”. Tức là chỉ đồng ý/không đồng ý một phần, vì rõ ràng tác động của máy tính lên đời sống con người vừa có những mặt tích cực vừa có những mặt tiêu cực.

Với đề bài này, mình sẽ chọn cách tiếp cận đó là: Sự tác động của máy tính chủ yếu là tích cực; tuy nhiên cũng có một số vấn đề đáng quan tâm. Từ đó, câu văn cuối cùng của mở bài có thể là:

“Based on my experiences and observations, I think that, on the balance, computers have improved most people’s lives; however, the benefits should be seen in light of a few substantial problems”

Tuy nhiên, nếu bạn chọn hướng thứ hai: Máy tính chủ yếu tác động tiêu cực lên cuộc sống con người; tuy nhiên, cũng có những tác động tích cực cần chú ý, bạn có thể viết:

“Based on my experiences and observations, I think that, on the balance, computers have harm most people’s lives; however, the drawbacks should be seen in light of a few substantial benefit”

Chú ý: Bạn có thể thấy cách viết ở đây rất linh hoạt, sử dụng hiệu quả vốn từ ngữ, cấu trúc câu. Ví dụ:

• Linking words: on the balance, however.
  • Expressions for giving your point of view: Based on my experiences and observations, I think that.
  • Cautious language: should be seen.
  • Synonyms: problems and drawbacks.
  • Antonyms: improve and harm.
  • Phrases like “in light of”

Như vậy, bạn đã có một mở bài hoàn chỉnh:

Without a doubt, computers have changed the way people live. Evaluating the quality of those changes is less clear and is subject to individual opinions and attitudes. Based on my experiences and observations, I think that, on the balance, computers have improved most people’s lives; however, the benefits should be seen in light of a few substantial problems.

Body

Ở phần mở bài, chúng ta đã chọn quan điểm: Tác động của máy tình lên đời sống chủ yếu là tích cực, tuy nhiên cũng có một số tác động tiêu cực. Vì thế, ở thân bài, người viết sẽ tập trung phân tích những khía cạnh tích cực mà máy tính tác động lên cuộc sống con người nhưng không quên phân tích cả những khía cạnh tiêu cực. Như thế, ta có thể chia thân bài ra làm ba đoạn: 2 đoạn cho những tác động tích cực và 1 đoạn cho những tác động tiêu cực. Phần tác động tiêu cực nên viết gọn vì đây không phải trọng tâm của bài.

Trước khi đi vào bài viết cụ thể, chúng ta đã phải vạch ý (brainstorm) cho những gì viết trong thân bài. Có thể giải quyết với một số gợi ý:

Positive changes:

• Increased access to information. (Sự tiếp cận rộng rãi hơn với thông tin).
  • Better communication. (Sự giao tiếp tốt hơn).
  • Business, transactions and goverment conferencing (Sự hỗ trợ trong kinh doanh, giao dịch và những hội nghị chính phủ).
  • (Your opinion).

Negative changes:

• Physical and psychological problems. (Những vấn đề về thể chất, tâm lí).
  • (Your opinion).

Sau đây là ba đoạn văn trong phần thân bài. Đoạn một và hai nói về những tác động tích cực, đoạn ba nói về tác động tiêu cực. Trong các đoạn văn mình đã đánh dấu cấu trúc của một đoạn thân bài như đã trao đổi với các bạn ở những bài viết trước.

First Body Paragraph:

(Topic sentence) To begin with, computers have substantially improved people's lives. (Supporting Idea 1) Needless to say, increased access to information is one of the most evident ways computers have changed the way we live. (Example) From work, to hobbies, to learning about world events and scientific advancements, the Internet has given people immediate access to information that was previously difficult or even impossible to get. (Expanding) With more and better information, we can make smarter decisions. (Supporting Idea 2) Another beneficial change to people's lives that can be directly attributed to computers is that of better communication technologies. (Example) These include the most personal exchanges carried out via email or instant messaging, to the most complex communication satellite systems that allow us to watch a World Cup game live from the other side of the world.

Second Body Paragraph:

(Supporting Idea 3) Moreover, on top of these advances in our ability to obtain information and communicate, computers facilitate everyday business, transactions and government conferencing. (Expanding 1) People nowadays can do business online, which saves them a lot of time and money. (Example 1) Online systems allow people to do their banking, pay the bills, and even buy a new wardrobe without having to leave home or even putting pen to paper. (Expanding 2) Similarly, goverment conferencing can take place online with no need to travel long distances to attend meetings. (Example 2) This form of meeting is becoming more and more popular in many countries. (Concluding) Thus, since the advent of computers, people's lives have changed a lot in a positive way.

Third body paragraph:

(Topic sentence) Some observers might say this all sounds great, yet there are downsides to the computer revolution that lessen some of the appeal of these benefits, if only slightly. (Supporting idea 1) The most prominent is physical problems. (Expanding 1) If people spend so much time at their computers, they do not get enough exercise, which can lead to numerous health problems. (Supporting idea 2) Psychollogically , with too much time spent sitting in front of computers, they do not develop healthy interpersonal skills. (Example 2) Increases in depression and violence are two visible effects of this problem.

Conclusion

(Summary) It is far from clear where the changes computers have brought to our lives will eventually take us. Like all new technology, computers bring mixed blessings to peole's everyday lives. (Opinion) At present, I believe the benefits outweigh the negative consequences.

Đoạn văn có những từ khó hiểu, có thể tạm dịch: Chúng ta khó có thể biết những thay đổi mà máy tính đem đến cuộc sống sẽ đưa ta tới đâu. Giống như tất cả những công nghệ mới, những tác động của máy tính rất phức tạp, cả tích cực lẫn tiêu cực. Nhưng ở thời điểm này, tôi tin rằng những lợi ích vượt xa những hạn chế mà máy tính đã đem lại.

Đoạn kết theo đúng những yêu cầu của một kết bài, vừa tóm tắt phần nội dung ở thân bài vừa khẳng định lại quan điểm đã nêu ở mở bài, đồng thời tạo cảm giác hoàn chỉnh cho một bài viết.

Một đề bài tham khảo: "In order to solve traffic problems, governments should tax private car owners heavily and use the money to improve public transportation. What are the advantages and disadvantages of such a solution?"

Nguồn:vndoc

Copyright© Đại học Duy Tân 2010 - 2024