CURRICULUM VITAE OF
NGUYEN THI A
Date of Birth: 19 January 1982
Address: 123 Ly Tu Trong, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
Tel: +84(0) 8 2910405
Mobile: 0905 211009
Marital status: Single
2000-2005 University of Medicine & Pharmacy, HCMC
• BSc Pharmaceutical Management
1997-2000 Le Hong Phong High School, HCMC
• High School Diploma (grade: Excellent)
2003-2005 Student representative on Academic Committee
2005 Business Management course - Hoa Sen College, HCMC
• Diploma with distinction
2004 Computer Skills course - Hoa Sen College, HCMC
• Inventory & stock control
English: Advanced level General English and Conversation. In addition, I have regular contact with foreign visitors in my voluntary work at Tu Du Hospital, which requires frequent use of spoken English.
Japanese: Sakura School level D (intermediate)
Jan 2003 - Aug 2004: Data collection staff, TNS Company, HCMC (part-time)
Mar 2000 - Nov 2002: Zozo Bakery, HCMC (part-time)
• Zozo is a non-profit making organization which raises money to assist the welfare of underprivileged families. I started as a waitress and was then promoted to Assistant Service Manager responsible for organising the daily duty roster for service staff.
VOLUNTARY WORK EXPERIENCE
2003 - present: Assistant at Hoa Binh Village, Tu Du Hospital, HCMC
• This internationally funded project provides care facilities for young victims of Agent Orange, and undertakes research into the continuing effects of the spraying.
2003: International Visitors' Guide, South-East Asia ParaGames, HCMC
Enthusiastic, open minded, caring and resourceful. I'm optimistic, have a good sense of humour and get on easily with people of all ages and backgrounds.
I intend to return to university for postgraduate pharmaceutical studies, but would like to gain some practical experience of healthcare work first.
• I greatly admire the W.H.O., and would welcome the chance to work with an organization in which I can develop the experience gained during my voluntary activities.
OTHER ACHIEVEMENTS & INTERESTS
Song composition; 1st prize (popular music) in University competition, 2003
Playing the guitar
• Badminton and table tennis