Chatbox

Các bạn vui lòng dùng từ ngữ lịch sự và có văn hóa,sử dụng Tiếng Việt có dấu chuẩn. Chúc các bạn vui vẻ!
15/11/2013 05:11 # 1
QuinNguyen
Cấp độ: 7 - Kỹ năng: 4

Kinh nghiệm: 41/70 (59%)
Kĩ năng: 27/40 (68%)
Ngày gia nhập: 25/08/2013
Bài gởi: 251
Được cảm ơn: 87
iTALK-DTU-Pronunciation Training (PART 7/7)

Đây là nội dung chúng ta luyện tập trong phần drama cuối cùng. Các bạn có thể sử dụng để luyện tập thêm về Pitch, Volume, Rate, Quality, Pitch and Intonation.

Hope this helps!!!

III     Group Oral Presentation

Final Activity:

Pronunciation, Pitch, Volume, Rate, Quality, Pitch and Intonation Practice

☻ Drama Queens and Kings (Speech Skill: Expression)

Picture yourself as a star of a long-running soap opera or TV show. What do stars do? They emote. This role-playing speech exercise will help you develop a more expressive voice by exaggerating your normal pitch and rhythm. Put as a much expression into your role as you can, following the stage directions.

( Provide your own Title)

Title:_________________________________

Mary :          (horribly upset) It’s all over Jason!

Jason:         (anxiously) What do you mean?

Mary:           I mean I just can’t go on like this. The sneaking around, the

hiding, trying to make sure that no one sees us…..

Jason:         (compassionately) It hasn’t been easy for me, either, you know.

Mary:           I know….. I know…..

Jason:         I mean, it’s just not what we’re used to, is it? I know that you understand, but other people …. What if they found out? I can’t stop thinking    about it.

Mary :          (brutally) We’d never be able to hold up our heads again! We’d be outcasts.

Jason:         (firmly) If we just stick together, we can get through it.                                                            Where’s your famous will power?

Mary:           But it’s driving me mad. How much worse than this could it           be? I just can’t stop thinking about it?

Jason:         So that’s it, then? You’re just going to throw in the towel?

Mary :          I have to, David. Don’t you understand? I thought you of all                                                     people…………….

Jason:         (bitterly) Oh, I understand, all right. Go ahead then. You always do

just what you want to do anyhow.

Mary:           ( outraged) That’ s not true! How dare you accuse me of being selfish after all the sacrifices I’ve made!

Jason:         See? All you can talk about is your sacrifices. As if I haven’t           made any. And now you’re being selfish again. How do you think I’m going to be able to carry on by myself?

Mary :          (snidely) Well you were the one that was talking about will           power.

Jason:         Yeah, right. As if I’m going to be able to stick to this protein only diet once you start filling the cupboards with bread and           doughnuts again!

*Like any star, you may rerun these lines any number of times. For more variety, change the stage directions. In the opening lines, have Mary speak calmly and Jason curiously, for instance.  Reading the lines of published plays and scripts out loud is another great way to practice increasing the expression in your voice- and of course, to continue polishing your clarity speech skills.

The more you learn, the more you realize how little you know

Nguyễn Thị Hương Quỳnh (Quin Nguyen)

Email: huongquynh93nthq@gmail.com/nthquynh93@gmail.com

Các thành viên đã Thank QuinNguyen vì Bài viết có ích:
Copyright© Đại học Duy Tân 2010 - 2024